How to create a custom module in X-Cart 4 ?
Creating a X-Cart 4 modules will be needed if you want to make a custom feature which is not available with X-Cart 4 default installation and not available with X-Cart modules.
OR maybe you want to modify a existing module from scratch. In this article we want to share some pre steps before start coding, means the first few steps to create a X-Cart 4 module.
You can create module for either a small customization or for a big feature.
X-Cart 4 module development can be needed for below mentioned things :
- Homepage customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Category page customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Sub category page, product list page customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Product page customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Basket page customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Checkout page customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Order confirmation page customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Shipping method customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Payment method customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Order modifications in admin customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Invoice customization in X-Cart 4 website
- Product customization in X-Cart 4 website
So it can be anything. Here at Freelancergurus we did huge level customization on almost all places of front-end and back-end. So we are providing some brief about creating a module for peoples who are new in X-Cart 4 and want to create a X-Cart 4 module. Below mentioned is the step by step process for creating a X-Cart 4 module.
Step 1: First you have to create two folders
a) One is into modules/ and
b) In skin/common_files/modules/
Above folder will have all php related file
This folder have all template files.
Step 2: Now we have to add this module into database, We have to make an entry into “xcart_modules” table i.e. :
INSERT INTO `xcart_modules` (`module_name`, `module_descr`, `active`, `init_orderby`, `author`, `module_url`, `tags`) VALUES
(‘News_module’, ‘This module is developed to display our latest news about products’, ‘Y’, ”, ‘Freelance Gurus’, ”, ‘marketing’);
Step 3: Add module name variable in language entries section in admin which is give below :
topic will be module, variable name will be module_name_News_module and value will be “Name of Module”.
Step 4: Clear all xcart cache from tools >> Maintenance >> Clear X-Cart cache.
That’s it. You are ready. Now your module will be display in X-cart 4 admin area and you can enable or disable it from admin. Now you can start writing functions / coding in your module file and it will work accordingly.
Here at Freelancergurus, we are expert in X-Cart 4 module development and can create custom module as per need. So if you are looking for a X-Cart 4 developer to create a module then just drop us a line through contact for or write us at email@example.com and lets get this started.